The conversation between age and metabolism will sound something like this.
METABOLISM AT 20
Age: Hi Metabolism, I am a youngster in my 20s. What’s up with you?
Metabolism: Hey, youngster in 20s. I am doing great in here.
This is what I am up to.
- Your metabolic rate is awesomely fast. Eat what you want, and it will be digested smoothly. Indulge, baby!
- The energy demands of your body are being taken care of by the ample muscle mass you have. That’s the reason you can party till 4 in the morning, and you are fresh as a lily the next day.
- Beware, 30s might not be the same if you don’t keep up with healthy eating and exercise.
METABOLISM AT 30
Age: Hello. I turned 30 last month, what is going on in there?
Metabolism: Hey, It’s going well. Here’s what’s happening:
- The systems are getting slower.
- It takes more time to digest what you eat.
- Weight loss is a hard nut to crack.
- Your body has stopped growing.
- You are losing muscle mass, so buck up at the gym, lady!